Acts of the Apostles
The Jesus Youth Music Ministry of Delhi was formed in November 1997 with an aim to bring musicians together with a desire to worship God and to use their talents to reach out to others in love. The core band members were an integral part of this team. The team started supporting annual programmes for youth, going from parish to parish for outreaches, and reaching out to secular audiences.
In December 2000, the music team was interviewed by ‘Star Plus’ (an entertaintment channel) and performed in a Christmas special edition of ‘Good Morning India’ show – paving the way for programmes outside Delhi, such as Jalandhar in Punjab, Jodhpur in Rajasthan and Ernakulam in Kerala. By mid-2007, a Band was formed as an off-shoot of the music ministry to work dedicatedly on special music projects. After a long and dedicated preparation of music and mission, on 15th June 2009, the Commissioning of the worship band “Acts of the Apostles” by Archbishop Vincent took place, leading to the launch of “Acts of the Apostles” on 21st June, 2009.
Acts of the Apostles reminds us:
- To be led by the Holy Spirit (Pentecost)
- Of our conversion and our mission (Saul to Paul)
- To be accountable to the apostolic Catholic Church (Acts 2:42)
- To reach out to secular audiences (Acts 13:47, Acts 17:22)
- Of small beginnings to world-wide reach (Word of God spreads from
Jerusalem to Rome)
- Consciously living a Jesus Youth lifestyle through the six pillars: Personal
Prayer, Word of God, Sacraments, Fellowship, Service, Evangelization
- Spiritual direction and faithful discipleship through Eldering
- Living our song by being an active witness